Sunday, November 19, 2006

Chapter 5.5 "The Ripley Scroll"

"Your resourcefulness is quite remarkable, Mr. Dial," Ito said in a hushed tone. "The Ripley Foundation will be the perfect ally in our quest."

"Yes, Mr. Ito. But how did you know I was here? I told no one of this visit."

Ito turned to the kiosk. "You may need help convincing these folks that our process is valid. I am here to help."

"Well we do have Jennifer. I mean, if you can fully revive her."

"That will require substantial resources, Mr. Dial. The path forward is a much shorter step."

Chamberlin entered and seemed quite taken aback that there were two people in the room. "Why, hello. I don't think I've had the pleasure."

"This is Mr. Ito," Martin offered. "He represents the party who seeks financing."

"Ah, I see. Well, I think the coffee is ready. Shall we move on to the conference room? I have many questions."

Ito followed Chamberlin out into the hall with Martin brining up the rear. As Ito walked by, each of the kiosks lit up and chimed their readiness to serve.

Martin paused for a moment. These things were touch screens.

He felt the hair on the back of begin to stand up.